Sunday, February 14, 2010

Kuih Bakar Pisang

First Post! woohoo!!
~~
Today I woke up (at 1.30pm mind you) in dire need of coffee, and something to douse my enormous hunger for something spongy. A chat with my mom and a couple of clicks on the worldwide web later, I decided to make a "Kuih Bakar Pisang" which is literally translated "Banana Burned (Malaysian)Cake". 

I've been having a couple of bunches of overly ripe bananas since last week at my disposal and had been having "Jemput-jemput pisang" for 3 days in a row already. So on a desperate need of new ideas on what to do with the overly ripe bananas, I asked my mom and she proposed to me an idea to make this cake, which was easy-peasy (picked that up yesterday from an englishman on youtube).

So here's the recipe from which I got a rough idea from on how to make this cake, apart from the short lessons my mom gave me through msn: http://www.myresipi.com/top/detail/2375

As always I don't allow myself to follow strictly the measurements from a recipe. So in the end I think I was bit short on sugar and had too much flour in it. Lessons for next time :) And I had to use my usual large baking pan so in the end my cake turned out to be flat, which it's not supposed to be, but it became crispier than it's supposed to be too, which is good to me. 
From From Phone


From From Phone

Yupe I know it doesn't even look close to the original ones, but I don't care. It certainly tastes great, the texture is a bit too much 'cake-like' (That's why I said up there it's a Malaysian cake, it's not the same as the usual cakes that western culture have become accustomed to. This one's supposed to be a bit more 'jelly-like'.)

No comments:

Post a Comment